If there is one dessert typically french, it is this one. You found it in every bistrot but if it can be delicious, it may also be the worst!
It is so simple, you have to try to do it it at least once at home.
Prep : 10 mn
Serves 8 ramekins :
For the cream :
- 1/2 l milk
- 4 eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
For the caramel :
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
Preheat oven at 150°C. Put a plate for a waterbath.
The cream :
- In a pan, bring the milk slowly to a boil with the vanilla bean open, crushed seeds. Cut the heat and let infused a few minutes.
- Beat eggs with the sugar slowly without making them foamy, let rest for a few minutes.
- Gradually, stir the milk on the mix , filter and set aside during you make the caramel.
The caramel :
- In a pan, put the sugar and water. With middle heat, cook without stirring till the sugar as a nice light brown color.
- Spread immediately the caramel among the ramekins.
- When it is cold, stir the cream and put in in the water bath in the oven.
- Cook about 1 hour ( eventually little less).
- Let it in the oven, heat turned off, till it is warm and set aside in the fridge to become cold.
- Unmould gently.