I like to cook meat pies, and I like to put puff pastries around.
The présentation is always nice and people like it when you serve.
To day, they are small meat pies but il shall propose you some biggest for other occasions.
SMALL MEAT PIES WITH PISTACHIOS AND CURRY
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For 6 small individual pasties :
- 450 g unrolled puff pastry
- 300 g of sausage meat
- 300 g ground veal
- 2 chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tbsp unsalted pistachios
- 1 tbsp Madras curry paste
- Salt 8 grams
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (but leave one egg aside). Divide the filling into 6 equal portions, making sausages about 10 cm long and flatten slightly. Set aside .
- Roll out puff pastry (if it is'nt) to about 5 mm and cut out 12 rectangles of 12 x 8 cm.
- On 6 of these pastry rectangles place the stuffing being careful to leave about 1cm free all around the edge.
- Brush wet the edge with water or egg white.
- Place the left aside pastry over the filling and stretch gently until stuck onto other side, then press firmly to seal the pastries together.
- Brush the top pastry with the remaining egg and make decoration with a sharp knife.
- Place on a baking tray in hot hait oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, with the salad of your choice.