Risotti are very often on my table.
They can be different each time you cook a new one!
You can do exactly what you like : only with vegetables, with all kind of cheeses but also with sea shells. In any case, you'll enjoy.
RISOTTO WITH CLAMS AND MILD BLUE CHEESE
Prep : 15 minutes
Cooking time: about 40 minutes
- Clams 1 kg
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1 liter of broth keep warm (made with the cooking juice and water)
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 3 chopped shallots
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 85 g butter
- 60 g mild diced blue cheese
- Salt and pepper
The clams :
- Wash several times the seashells in water.
- Then, in a skillet make them open quickly high heat.
- Recover render juice, filter if necessary. Set aside.
- Remove shells of the clams et set aside.
The balsamic shallots :
- Peel the shallots and cut them in 2mm slices in the width way.
- Put 10 grams of butter in a pan and cook over moderately heat until translucent.
- Pour with balsamic vinegar and continue until there is no vinegar remaining.
- Turn off the heat and add salt. Remove and set aside.
The rice :
- In the same pan, melt 30 grams of butter, pour the rice and stir for 2 minutes until translucent.
- Add the white wine and when it is all evaporated, cook the rice for 18 minutes adding ladefuls of broth gradually (waiting each time the broth is absorbed before adding a new one).
- After 18 minutes, remove from the heat and blend with the remaining butter end mild blue cheese, stir quickly. Adjust the seasoning.
- Just before serving, incorporate the clams (they will warm up in contact with the rice), stir gently.
- Spread the shallots on the rice and serve immediately.