At home, we all love pancakes but I use to make them like we do in France and we usually eat them with jam.
Sometimes we do have all the dinner with them and I propose also, ham, cheeses or smoked fish!
But un anyway, I'm always in search of a new recipe and when I read about japanese pancakes, I had to try!
Prep: 5 mn
Cooking: 20 mn
Serves 4 (4 pancakes diameter 6 cm/person):
- 200 g plain flour
- 7 g fast action dried yeast
- 25 ml (warm) buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 175 ml milk
- 3 eggs (big)
- 50 g cooled melted butter
- Butter for the cooking
- Melt the yeast in the warm milk with the sugar.
- Beat eggs in omelet, the melted butter and pour the flour.
- Add the buttermilk and beat with a whip, by mixing rather deeply so that there are no lumps.
- Let rest for about 1 hour.
- Warm not too hot an anti-adhesive frying pan and butter with (or not) circles in stainless steel.
- Pour the mix into the circles (or directly on the frying pan).
- When bubbles form on the surface, return delicately the pancakes (if they are in a circle, push them slowly against the frying pan and pursue the cooking approximately 1 minute.
- Serve with honey or jam.
We found these pancakes delicious, the dough is light and air. That changes the tasting.