We like cod.
It' easy too cook and very good with different spices!
If you prefer to cook it with curry, of course you can and it will be very good also with coriander in powder.
I hope you'll enjoy it and you'll be clement with my english.
COD CHEEKS WITH CHINESE CABBAGE, SAFFRON SAUCE
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 25 minutes
Serves 4 :
- 20-24 cod cheeks
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Flour QS to flour the fish
- 1 chinese cabbage
- 40 g of butter
- 3 tbsp thick double cream
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the base and remove the 1st leaves.
- Detach the other and wash. Drain and cut into thin strips.
- In 10 grams of butter over low heat, cook (faire revenir) the cabbage and pour water to cover, add salt and cover with baking paper.
- Cook gently until a compote, add butter, stirring briskly, adjust seasoning and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, put the cream with saffron and a pinch of salt, bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce the heat and reduce by about 1/3. Book.
- Fish: During cooking cabbage in a bowl, mix the flour with turmeric and a pinch of salt. Roll the fish in spicy flour tap to remove excess. Heat strongly enough olive oil and sear the cheeks 1 minute and a half on one side, turn them gently cook the second side at the same time.
- Without cutting fire, remove the cheeks on a plate and deglaze the pan with the cream for one minute.
- Warm cabbage, distribute on plates, pour the saffron cream around and draw cod cheeks around.